THE PERFECT PHO at Jarn Leva
28 Oct 2016
With a cult following, this Vietnamese hot noodle soup, Pho (pronounced “FUR”) is a foodies delight. Traditionally a breakfast dish, Jarn Leva is a hot spot for this soup sensation and lovingly prepares their best seller from a master beef stock of ginger, onion, star anise, cinnamon and nutmeg.
We asked Jarn Leva what to look for in a perfect bowl.
- The key to the perfect pho is the master stock made from beef bones that are slow cooked for 8 hours.
- The beef should be a high quality eye fillet that is cooked and infused with stock two days.
- The perfect soup liquid has a clear clarity.
- Jarn Leva uses fresh rice noodles, which have a fluffy and smooth consistency.
How to eat it? #1 Use your chopsticks and spoon to add the chilli, bean sprouts, Thai basil and coriander to your bowl.
#2 Add a squeeze of lemon to the meat dipping condiments.
#3 Mix all well.
#4 Eat pieces of beef with pieces of Thai basil, herbs and chili - dip meat into the hoisin sauce, chilli oil, and satay sauce.
#5 Don't forget to sip the broth in between bites of noodles and beef.
If you love your coffee sweet, strong and cold a must try is the Vietnamese coffee. Made by dripping ground coffee over sweet condensed milk and served over ice it is a refreshing option.
Jarn Leva Top 5 dishes we love...
- Bun salad (rice noodle salad)
- Banh mi
- Cold Rolls
- Goi Salad - no noodles, very light
To try these and more amazing authentic Vietnamese dishes visit Dine Central, lower Ground floor.